TENANT FEES AND ADDITIONAL COSTS
In addition to the rent, there are a few other costs that tenants must budget for before entering into a new
tenancy agreement with Russell Simpson. The following fees are all payable before a tenancy starts:
- Reference fee of £30 per Tenant / Guarantor inc VAT or Company £72 inc VAT
- A deposit against damage and dilapidations which is usually 6 weeks rent (or 8 weeks if you have a pet). Russell Simpson will hold these funds in the capacity of stakeholder and for Assured Shorthold Tenancies these will be registered under the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- Stamp Duty (if applicable). To find out whether this would apply to your tenancy please contact HMRC at www.gov.uk
- Russell Simpson is a member of the ARLA Client Money Protection Scheme and our redress scheme for consumers is Ombudsman Services.
Throughout the tenancy there are other costs that must be covered on top of the rent. These might include:
- Utilities (gas, electricity, water and telephone)
- Council Tax
- Television licence
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Alarm maintenance
- Insurance (for your personal possessions and contents)
- Garden maintenance/Cost of Communal Garden Key/Fee
At the end of the tenancy:
- Professional cleaning of the property
- Inventory check-out (cost between £50 and £1,000 inc VAT dependent on size of property and furnishing)
For more information about landlord fees, please click here.